Kidney failure or renal failure is a silent killer of the body. In every family one or the other is affected with this terrible disease. So we all know how much cruel this suffering is! But shall we know that being a little careful we can avoid this disease? Now come let us know how you can keep your kidney well.
1. Be active: Keep your body active and fresh by light exercise, regular walking, running, cycling or swimming. In active and fresh body there is much less risk of having any disease like kidney disease.
2. Keep your diabetes under control: 50% people those who are already affected by diabetes have the chance to have the kidney disease. There is a much risk to damage the kidney if the blood sugar is not in control. So it is very important to keep the diabetes under control. Have a regular test of the blood sugar to see whether it is in normal condition or not. If it is not then consult the doctor. Not only this, test the kidney once in three months to see whether it is functioning well.
3. Keep blood pressure under control: Many people think that blood pressure only increases the risk of having the brain stroke and heart attacked but they should know that blood pressure is mainly responsible for kidney failure. So in order to be revived your blood pressure should be controlled. If it goes high more than 129/89 m.m. for any reason then at once should consult the doctor. Taking medicine regularly and following the advice related that can keep the blood pressure in control very easily.
4. Take moderate food and keep the weight under control: Much weight is a risk for kidney. So in order to be healthy your weight should be in normal state. Taking healthy moderate food will diminish the risk of having kidney disease. On the other hand, taking much spicy food of the hotel, first food and processed food amplifies the risk for diseases. Daily a table spoon of salt in just enough for a person – taking much salt in the food also increases the risk for kidney disease. So extra salt should be avoided in food.
5. Avoid smoking: Smokers have 50% possibility to have kidney cancer than non – smokers. Not only this, the blood circulation starts to diminish because of smoking and for this the activeness of kidney starts reducing. And in this way one day the smoker is attacked in kidney failure.
6. Taking unnecessary medicine: Many of us have the habit to buy and take medicine randomly from the shop necessarily or unnecessarily. Among them NSAID is in the top list. Better to know that almost all the medicine is harmful for the kidney and NSAID is in the front line. You may be on the way to ruin your kidney without having any knowledge and taking unnecessary medicine. For this, before using any kind of medicine consult your doctor first and know whether it is harmful or not.
7. Test your kidney regularly: Among us there are many who have much risk of having kidney problem. They should test their kidney regularly. If anybody has diabetes, high blood pressure or obesity or any member of the family is having kidney disease then it is taken into consideration that he/she is in much risk of having the same disease. So for all this reason kidney must be tested in a regular basis.
There is no opportunity to get cure if once the kidney is failed. Life can be made lengthy by dialysis or renal transplant. So it is the work of every healthy person to continue to try to avoid this disease wisely.